Thursday, May 22, 2008

MEMORIAL DAY!

Something to think about from Brother Jim.

I was going to write a Memorial Day piece, but found it would actually be what Jim had already editorialized about at KOLD-TV in Tucson, especially the part about the lake and the Indy 500.

More Than A Long Weekend

Posted: May 21, 2008 08:55 PM

ay

KOLD News 13 General Manager Jim Arnold

It's the unofficial start of summer: Memorial Day weekend. I hope for us older folks it is a weekend filled with fun childhood memories. For me it was the weekend we put the pier in the lake in front of a very modest weekend cottage in North Central Indiana. I'm a Hoosier; my memory of Memorial Day is listening to the Indy 500 on the radio. Now I watch the 500, mostly for the pre-race ceremony. I want to hear Jim Nabors sing "Back Home Again in Indiana" and quietly listen to the playing of Taps.

That is when it hits me. It is Memorial Day Weekend. It may not mean much if you or a loved one is not a Veteran. This is the time to honor those who helped make living in the land of the free and home of the brave possible.

My Something to Think About for this weekend is simple. Please take a moment in silence or in prayer and offer thanks and respect to those thousands of brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Have a good Memorial Day

Sam

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: