Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'M TIRED ALREADY!

Observation of the Day!

January 27, 2008


As a long time Republican, I have always supported the Republican Party because they more fit my beliefs. I am pretty much a right leaning middle-of- the-roader. I hate both extremes of the political spectrum.

I have always been a McCain guy because he is a straight talking dude who can reach across the aisle. The partisan bickering is out of hand and nothing is getting done. The Congress would rather witch-hunt the opposite party and get face time on television about things nobody cares about than address the real issues facing the country.

I am looking very hard at Obama. I think we need a fresh face with fresh ideas. I believe he will surround himself with good people from both parties. No matter who is elected, it will be the Congress who will get nothing new done. Can anybody say “self-serving gutless wonders”? If it comes down to Obama vs McCain, it will be a hard decision for me.

I personally think that the candidate who doesn't go negative and maintains a higher road will garner votes. The American people are tired of half-truths and out right lies in negative ads. I really admire the TV stations that are now starting to analyze these ads, researching and reporting the FACTS; truth, half-truths and lies.

I am contemplating an anti-incumbent vote, but that is a little scary because I may have to vote for a far leftist in Minnesota.

Peggy Noonan hit it pretty much on the head about the current state of the Republican Party in an editorial in the Wall Street Journal.

"On the pundit civil wars, Rush Limbaugh declared on the radio this week, "I'm here to tell you, if either of these two guys [Mr. McCain or Mike Huckabee] get the nomination, it's going to destroy the Republican Party. It's going to change it forever, be the end of it!"

This is absurd. George W. Bush destroyed the Republican Party, by which I mean he sundered it, broke its constituent pieces apart and set them against each other. He did this on spending, the size of government, war, the ability to prosecute war, immigration and other issues.

Were there other causes? Yes, of course. But there was an immediate and essential cause.

And this needs saying, because if you don't know what broke the elephant you can't put it together again. The party cannot re-find itself if it can't trace back the moment at which it became lost. It cannot heal an illness whose origin is kept obscure."

It is a long political season and just like Bill, I'm tired too!.

Have a nice day!

Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow uncle sam! maybe vote democratic!! It will be an exciting election for sure.