Friday, January 18, 2008

BLOG, BLOGGER, BLOGEE IN THE BLOGOSPHERE!

Observation of the Day!

January 18,2008

Since I have become a blogger and you have become my blogees (?), I feel we should learn who we are. Therefore, today we will examine the source of the term blog and the objectives of my blog. First of all let me say I don't particularly like the term, but we are now stuck with it. The term blog is a derivative or shortening of the term weblog. Blog, blogger blogging, blogee, blogosphere are all terms of the trade.

A blog is most generally a formalized personal journal where a blogger is not afraid to put his or her thoughts out to the public. There are more than 100,000 blogs of one kind or another. What a lot of hot air out floating out there in the blogosphere. A blog actually can be about most anything; news and comment, art, sports comment or most anything where there might be a common interest with the blogee. The new term blog is in reality like a column in a newspaper, but the vehicle of distribution is the internet rather than a newspaper or magazine. The blog format can be free flowing with text, pictures and/or audio all in one. The ability for the blogee to instantly comment makes it an interactive vehicle.

Why did I start a blog? For a number of years writing was more or less an avocation, but I actually made a little money doing it. I wrote a column for a trade magazine for two years. I wrote a book on selling and marketing, which I self published as a vehicle for my little seminar and consulting business after I retired. I customized the book for a different market segment, and this was published by the trade magazine I wrote for. I wrote a family history in conjunction with my genealogical research. I also so wrote little essays and journals for my own enjoyment and the enjoyment of a few close friends. I will share some of these as we go along.

I have been inspired to write again and looked into blogs. The blog allows me to consolidate and catalog all my writing in one place. Starting a blog was much easier than I ever thought it would be. Blogspot, a part of Google, makes it very easy. I am still learning how to make it more interesting, using videos, audio, and pictures. This will take the old blogger some time.

I hope you enjoy what I write because writing gives me great satisfaction Feel free to comment or suggest at anytime. I will also consider any contribution you might forward to me or I will probably will just steal it and use it as my own observation. Looking For Nirvana will continue to evolve.

Currently we incorporate, Observation of the Day! (Essays and general observations) , This Just In (Comments on little things I notice in the news), and Song of the Week!. The writing is original and not forwarded internet stuff. My next project is to learn how to use photos to supplement an essay or stand on their own.

Thanks for reading, and if you like it please recommend it to your friends.

http://lookingfornirvana.blogspot.com

Have a nice day!

The Old Blogger,

Sam

No comments: