Monday, January 21, 2008

CHANGING THE WORLD?

Observation of the Day!

January 21, 2008


While sitting in my tile and porcelain palace contemplating and pondering. (Yes, I not only observe, I contemplate, ponder and occasionally procrastinate.) My mind wandered to the question of what might be the invention or technology that changed the way we do things the most. Automobiles, airplanes, radios, telephones, TV, computers, the internet, DVDs, CDs, cell phones, new technology golf clubs and golf balls and other modern technologies all passed through the portals of my mind.

So many choices. New technologies of all kinds certainly have done much to change the world, but it is hard to keep up with the new stuff. When you buy technology, it is almost obsolete when you walk out of the store. I have a whole basement full of golf clubs to prove that premise. I decided this would require more contemplation. And then right in front of me was my answer. It is something that is extremely useful then, now and forever. The technology will always be the same. No obsolescence here.

My nomination is TOILET PAPER!!!!! Keep on squeezing Charmin, Mr. Whipple.

Toilet paper is a lot like life. The shorter it gets the faster it goes.

Have a nice day!

Sammy Carl

No comments: