Friday, August 30, 2013

Die Hard!

It's not easy to die when you aren't dead. During the last couple of months, I have been wrestling with my Will and Trust and instructions as to what to do after I am not there to do it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to die right away. I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in. It's just that dealing with this "stuff" is kind of complicated. I want to make it as easy on those left behind. I am a minimalist, so I don't have a lot of "stuff", but yet we all have debris we don't even think about until it comes time to think about it. Find a lawyer, name an executor and backup, bank accounts, stock accounts, IRA, car, clothes, jewelry, funeral/memorial wishes, cremation or burial, ashes or caskets, which funeral home, computer, family pictures, notifications with phone numbers, instructions about instructions, and I'm sure I have forgotten something.

Sometimes you think, let them worry about it, but that's not the right thing to do. I am a man who does the right thing. I urge you all of you to do the right thing. When your survivors and friends are in mourning, they don't need to add to that grief by taking care of "stuff" you didn't take care of and left behind with no direction. Nobody really plans to die, but none of us are getting out of this thing alive. Only God knows when and where. Mark and Jeff's untimely deaths proved that.

And one other thing, always wear clean underwear.

Have a nice day!

Sam


2 comments:

Thomas said...

Checking my underwear.

Thomas said...

Checking my underwear.