Thursday, August 8, 2013

Divorce American Style!

It has finally happened. A female gay couple are getting a divorce in Minnesota. Seems they married in Canada where same sex marriage is legal. They lived in Minnesota, where until August 1, gay marriage was not recognized.

Attorneys are saying this is new territory, since there is no case history. I don't think it's hard, the same laws apply.

It is somewhat ironic so many gay couples want marriage, and heterosexuals are getting married less and less.  To many unmaried baby mommas.

The whole issue is a non-issue to me. I just want the same laws to apply. I would prefer civil marriages because of my personal religious beliefs, but certainly not addimentl, if a church choses to conduct the ceremonies. What I don't want to see is a church to be penalized, if they chose not to hold gay marriage ceremonies and threatened with loss of tax exempt status.

Gay marriage is a fact in the world of today. I'm happy if they're happy. The churchs who honor gay marriages and those who don't need to respect the each other's belief system. God will ultimately judge. It not my place to judge. I've got bigger issues on getting into heaven.

Have a nice day!

Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You couldn't be any more correct than this. Marriage isn't a sacred thing anymore between heterosexual couples, and if I may I include my self. Many heterosexual couples are scrambling to find divorce attorneys. But Gay couples are finding them self's in long lines at the city clerks office, just to receive a marriage license. I can include my self in the abuse of sacredness of marriage. I mocked what marriage stands for, and the end result is my unhappiness. The knowledge I acquired was letting go off my discrimination towards gay's. Now I can agree with you that god is the only judge. Final.