Sunday, March 29, 2009

GOODBYE WALT!

Observation of the Day!

Part of my daily routine is to go to the Beach Club in the afternoon to read. Somehow reading with the Pacific outside the window and people wandering in and out is better than reading in a condo, isolated from the world.

Yesterday, I was reading and Barb was setting up a little going away party for one of the residents. It turns out it was for Walt. He is probably in his late eighties. Apparently, he is going to live with his son. He and his caregiver come to the club every day about five to have his daily glass of wine. You can almost set your clock by their cocktail hour. Walt has a wonderful sense of humor and the Beach Club employees love him.

About twenty guests began to arrive. They were his Coronado friends. What I noticed was that there was only two males and the rest females. Walter, you old dog.

I want to leave this place Walt's way. I want to be surrounded by beautiful ladies, who are my friends. Walt is a man after my own heart.

Good luck,Walt. You will be missed at the old Beach Club.

Have a nice day!

Sam

No comments: