Saturday, June 21, 2008

SOMETHING NEW!

Brother Jim’s editorials are titled, Something to Think About. I am starting and occasional segment I am calling, I’m Thinking, I’m Thinking!

The blog will include some opinion, some beliefs, some theories about life and other things I am thinking about. I am sure I will offend somebody, but that’s the way it goes.

I’m Thinking, I’m Thinking

A recent estimate put the world population at about 7 billion. I have traveled to many places in the United States and Europe. What I found is that people are pretty much people. In others words, the bulk of the world’s ordinary people are just that, ordinary people just trying to make their way.

So why do we have so many wars with each other. Did you ever think what the ratio of so called government “leaders” to the 7 billion of ordinary people? There are 192 countries plus one more someplace making 193. There is usually one person in charge, although there are others involved, like congress etc. That would be 193: 7,000,000,000. Put any number beyond the 194, and it is still extremely infinitesimal.

However, it usually boils down to the one in charge, who makes the decision to kill the enemy. Our destiny is in the hands of politicians and kings. We do need government for order, but war kills the citizens who have the least input to the decision to make war.

I'm thinking that our future is entrusted to a very few politicians, kings and religious fanatics, all driven by power and ego. Not very comforting is it?

In the immortal words, Rodney King, “Can’t we all just get along?”

Thinking of you!

Samuel C. Arnold

No comments: