Monday, February 25, 2008

MISCELLANEOUS STUFF

I received the following comment from John Stassen about my blog The Reincarnation of Harold Stassen.

The understanding in our family is that Uncle Harold ran because it provided a platform to share his ideas. While it is easy to overlook the things in life that do not come with numbers attached to them, they are still valuable - more important than the two delegates is the chance others had to hear his ideas, form their own, and apply these ideas to their lives.

I appreciate and am honored by Johns's comment and have no idea how he came across the blog. Of course my blog was tongue in cheek. And being the smart ass that I am my only comment is "How that work out for Harold?". I agree that it is important to do things to get ideas out there. It is a noble reason to run, I guess. Nader says there is no difference between Democrats and Republicans and he is in fact different, an extreme lefty, that will take votes away from the Dems.

My Oscar picks were pretty good. I missed the woman. I did not see either of the pictures they were nominated for. I went with Julie Christy because she might be a sentemental fav. That is the same reason I went for Ruby Dee.

Got to go.

Have a nice day!

Sam

No comments: