Sunday, February 10, 2008

BLUETOOTHS ON A SUNNY DAY!

Observation of the Day!

Today the Blog is at a remote location, Fashion Valley Mall in Mission Valley, San Diego. I am not going to make this a Nirvana moment because it’s a shopping mall for gosh sakes. However, it could easily be classified as a personal Nirvana, not necessarily from a shopping mall ,but from San Diego itself.

I came to Fashion Valley for my one-on-one Apple computer training classes. I am currently trying to master IPHOTO. I am making progress because, if you will note on the my Blog, there is a picture of the old blogger, newly edited in. I plan to change it every once in a while to keep it fresh. I will be highlighting the various personalities that I associate with different kinds of blogs, Sam, Sam Arnold, Sammy Carl, Sammy Arnold and Samuel C. Arnold.

Anyway here I am sitting in the bright San Diego sunshine. It is eighty degrees and wonderful. I am engaging in the favorite pastime of an observer. I am observing. There are all kinds of people, strange people, beautiful people, ugly people, young people, old people and of course the beautiful little kids and young hotties.

Perhaps the funniest observation was the black middle-aged couple, who had matching pea green golf type shirts with Cayman Island logos, matching black pants and both had Bluetooth phones growing out of their ears, strolling slowly step for step, hand in hand.

When the first cell phones hit the market and were still a novelty, they were a status symbol. People loved to show off by taking phone calls in movie theaters, restaurants, stores, meetings or in the middle of a conversation; and then actually carrying on a loud conversations about mostly nothing. Of course this still happens, but the cell phone is no longer a status symbol. It is a tool of the masses. Now the status symbol is the Bluetooth in the ear. I previously told you about the young man in Cracker Barrel on a Sunday night who was not going to get any important Bluetooth phone calls, EVER. I suspect this couple is the same. But they looked cool, I guess.

I marvel at how much love San Diego, even in a shopping center. It does give me a warm feeling inside, and I really mean that.

Over the past several years, I have developed as many friends here, as in Minneapolis, which makes it even more special and more inviting. Maybe I’ll never be able to live here full time, but that doesn’t mean I don’t treat it as home. Friends in both places make both places home.

Have a nice day!

Sam

No comments: