Thursday, October 23, 2008

TOUGH TIMES IN NIRVANA!

Observation of the Day!

Yesterday, I received a phone call from Shores Management Company soliciting my business for a winter rental. I rented the first five or so years through this company. This was the first I have ever received a sales call from a company that manages rentals at the Shores. I quit using this company because of a lack of follow through. I always had to call them and things sometimes didn't get done, including refunding my deposit in a timely manner. The basics of customer service in any business were slip shod at best.

What I believe is significant is that it is an indication of how bad things are in this economy. Coronado never seemed to have this problem in the nine years I have spent my winters in Coronado. You can also see it in the restaurants and convention business at the Hotel Del Coronado. It's quiet.

I know of at least two couples who have come ever winter to Coronado and are foregoing their trip to Nirvana. I feel for the retired people who had a nice nest egg that let them enjoy Coronado, but now must forgo this little luxury. They followed the rule book by which they were raised and still lost. They are still following the rules by forgoing their winter luxury.

All this because of the greed of Wall Street, instant gratification of the younger generation and the self serving empty suits in government.

God Bless us all!

Samuel C. Arnold

No comments: