Saturday, April 5, 2008

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Observation of the Day!

Last Friday I participated in an annual Rotary charity golf tournament at the Coronado golf course. It was a four man scramble. I played with two of my regular partners. We actually won the Senior Division and received a nice vase to comemorate the win. It has been a long time since I have won anything. It felt good.

At the dinner I really felt at home. I was among many Coroandians that have become good friends. I felt I was part of the community. San Diego and the Twin Cities are about the same size, and even though Coronado is right across the Bay from downtown San Diego, it might as well be miles away because Coronado is a separate somewhat isolated small town. Eden Prairie is a typical suburban town, mixed up with the rest of the metro area. Coronado allows a greater sense of community. I love it here so much. I know you are tired of reading about it. Sorry, but that is how I feel. I will be leaving April 17 to return to Eden Prairie. I will be back here to Nirvana in October for a month.

By the way. Did I mention there were only two teams in the Senior Division? We were down three strokes at one time, but fought back and won because the other group was much older and got really tired.

Have a nice day!

Sam

No comments: