Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Observation of the Day!

Why do some people have the ability to laugh at themselves and some don't? Laughing at yourself gives you freedom from embarrassment. I think the older you get the easier it is. At an older age you are given lots of opportunities to laugh at yourself because you do dumber and dumber things, get lost easily, forget names you have known all of your life, forget why you came into the room. The list goes on and on. If you got frustrated and mad at every stupid thing you do, you would be mad most of the time. I've been accused of "losing it". I haven't lost it, just misplaced it.

I want to share a story of something that I did just a little while back. I hope it writes as well as the telling.

I took a load of whites out of my washer to find a black sock, accidentally left in the machine. Some of the bleach got on it, and it had a flesh colored circle on the toe. Didn't think too much about.

Later, when I put on my favorite dark blue v-neck sweater that I have had for probably 15 years; I noticed on the elbow were some flesh colored spots like the sock. I wondered how in the hell I got bleach on my sweater. I took a magic maker and colored over the spots.

When I took the sweater off, I found two black marks on my skin. OMG those were not bleach marks those were holes, and the magic marker I thought was covering the bleach marks was marking my skin. I laughed out loud. Such a dunce. I'd like to point out that it did work, kinda.

In the words of Joe Pescie in Goodfellows, "Funny? You think that's funny?"

As a matter of fact I do.

Laughter is good for the soul.

Have a nice day!

Sammy Carl

No comments: