Wednesday, November 12, 2008

COINCIDENCE?????????

Observation of the Day!

On Monday, November 10, Carolina, Maddie and I were driving downtown for a doctor's appointment. She called her brother, a medical student in Mexico, about a medical symptom she had with her pregnancy. I never cease to be amazed by our modern technology. Driving in my car having a conversation to Mexico as an routine occurrence.

I mentioned to Carolina that it was in 1995, thirteen years ago today. that I had my last heart surgery. She commented that it was thirteen years ago on November 3, that she left her home in southern Mexico to make her way to the United States. It was on November 3, that I had the angiogram to set up the surgery. And here we were driving down the freeway as best friends in the USA. I am the grandfather to her kids. Being a grandparent doesn't have to have a biological link. It is a state of mind. Their family has given me more pleasure and meaning than I could ever give them.

We have often marveled at how two people with from such different worlds in so many ways found each other. Somehow paths cross and lifetime relationships begin that can change a life or life path. You all have these relationships.

I received an email today from a friend fighting cancer. He included a quote that inspired him. It inspired me in the same way, and perhaps helps explain the phenomenon of Sam and Carolina.


"COINCIDENCE IS GOD'S WAY OF REMAINING ANONYMOUS"

Have a nice day!

Sam



No comments: