Thursday, August 28, 2008

A FEW COMMENTS ON THE OLYMPICS!


Observation of the Day!

I must admit I didn't watch the Olympics door to door. I did watch much of the swimming and track. These are my limited observations.

1.There is no question China launched itself on the world stage. it had arrived. Chinese citizens went about their business in Western clothes,and they were just ordinary people. The Opening and Closing Ceremonies were spectacular. No expense was spared, and it was pure creative genius. I don't think London or anybody could come close to this show. Nor do I think London should try. Just put some sparklers on the big Ferris wheel and get on with the games.

2. When I was doing my training seminar, my closing contained the story of Mark Spitz and his great feat of winning seven medals. To make my point I told the audiences that his final Gold Medal was in the relay, A TEAM EFFORT! Now the name changes to Michael Phelps. What a performance. His body was custom made for swimming, 6'7", long waste and big flexible feet. However, it was the work that ultimately made the difference. It is not the tools, it is what you do with them.

3. I was intrigued by the synchronized diving. It was just amazing. Absolute mirror images.

4.How could everybody drop the baton?

5. Lightening Bolt.

6. Synchronized swimming always gets my attention. I wonder why? Heh! Heh!

7. The woman's discus thrower is a big woman. She set a new record. Nobody will mess with her.

8. The Redeem Team redeemed. The played as a team, not the prima donnas of the last Olympics. The Chinese love basketball.

9. What the hell happened with the woman's softball team. 22-1? The one loss being the Gold Medal game. However, they did have Jenny Finch. Heh! Heh!

10. Tennis should not be an Olympic sport. They already play on an an international stage.

11. Todd Bachman, the father-in-law of the men's volleyball coach was randomly stabbed to death by deranged Chinese citizen. Bachman's is a well known 100 year old floral and gift shops in the Minnesota area. Doe works at the Bachman's store in Eden Prairie. Their was much sadness because everyone who works at Bachman's is a family. The men won the gold when they were ranked fifth at best. Barbara Bachman, Todd's wife, was also slashed. She was brought home to Mayo's and has now been released. you don't think of these things happening so close to home.

12. I love woman's beach vollley ball. Heh! Heh!

11. NBC reaped big rewards.

I am glad it is over, and we can move back to the pennant race.

Have a nice day!

Sam

No comments: