Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MAYBE IT'S GOD'S PLAN!

Observation of the Day!

I am in Roswell, NM visiting my niece and her four boys. Always fun.

Last night I was showing the boys a picture of "my grandkids", Luis, Ricky and Maddie. Later on, Noah, asked his Mom when they were out of the room, "Mom ,Uncle Sam's grandkids look Mexican." It became a teaching moment, "They are Mexican. You don't have to be a blood relative to be a grandpa", she said. Noah understood.

You don't have to be a birthparent to be a Dad or Mom OR GRANDPARENT. Our Dad was adopted. My grandma was my grandma, even though she did not carry our DNA. I am pro-adoption. I have many friends who have adopted. These kids are their kids 100%. God's plan has carried these kids forward in life. Thank God for adoptive parents.

Have a nice day!

Sam

No comments: