Tuesday, February 17, 2009

THE BEACH CLUB!


Observation of the Day!

The Beach Club at Coronado Shores is right on the ocean, looking out to Point Loma. It is truly one of the premiere locations anywhere on Earth. It is a place where residents can gather for Happy Hour, the Friday night dance,Bridge games, Gin games and many other community events. The club has also been described as God's waiting room.

On Sunday Susan and Judy put on an old fashioned Jewish brunch. It was a delightful carbo loading meal. I felt I could have run a marathon fueled by these rich carbs.

The entertainment was the San Diego Gay Men's ensemble. They were quite good. Most of them looked pretty straight until they started to sing, then some of the effeminate features came out. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The audience loved them. As you know, most of the residence of the Shores are are golden aged. When the director chided the oldest member of the group about being the oldest, he responded that he was going to move to the Shores the next day. Was that a cheap shot? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Yesterday was a stormy rainy nasty day. Even the ocean was angry. I went to the Club in the afternoon, as I often do, to read. I waited until the really hard rain subsided before I ventured out. When I got there, I found the Gin group (they play everyday) was hard at work at their usual table. It wasn't until I sat down on the couch that I realized that two of the players were playing in their boxer shorts, their pants hung to dry on a chair. Neither rain Nor snow will keep the Gin players from there game.

Have a nice day!

Sam

No comments: