Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Signs of Comfort!

God speaks to us in many ways and sends His messengers in many forms.
For some it may be in the form of Angels.  For others... Birds, and yet for others it may
 be something else, but always something significant or special to that individual, so they may understand and gain knowledge of the never ending depth of His Love.   

An amazing sign from God," says Janice Hurst of Baton  Rouge  "One day after my 17-year-old son Cory had been run over andkilled in a hit and run incident, I was sitting on my porch sobbingwhen I noticed several beautiful red birds gathered under the tree.
I asked God if he would send a red bird to me as a sign that my sonwas okay and with Him.  I felt kind of embarrassed asking for such athing because I couldn't imagine a bird just coming up to me.Meanwhile, the mail came and I had a small package in which was a
letter from Reader's Digest.  I have never ordered anything fromReader's Digest so therefore I thought this was rather strange. Inside the package was a small note saying, 'I'm sorry for not beingable to fill your request, but as a consolation gift I have includeda small gift.'  When I emptied the package I was so shocked to see astained glass red bird and will treasure this little red bird as reminder that even when we think God is not listening to our prayers,
He is.  Thanks be to God!”
   
A woman lost her father to cancer. The next day and days, thereafter, a red bird came and sat on her deck rail. When her father later passed away, the next day she noticed that another redbird had joined the first. God works in amazing way. She always knew it was a sign her father and mother were together again.

Humming Birds are another sign many people see as symbols of loved ones who have passed.  When my nephew was in the Hospice his mother noticed a humming bird who was around everyday. She told a couple of bis friends about it. When he passed away, a couple of his friends who lived in Phoenix, immediately saw a humming bird at their house.

 
I lost my son at age 35 in 2013. I have two symbols that bring up the memory and the grief I feel for him. One is a wisp of a white cloud against an azure blue sky. I watch as it floats by and then the warmth of the sun takes it away. The other I find at the Rock Church. On the ceiling during the worship time there are images floating on the ceiling like a disco ball. I visualize them as angels among which is my Marky

                                      Mark Angel in the Sky!
                                                     By
                                                     SCA

                             Wispy and white in the sky so blue
                             Was an angel I thought that I knew.
                          Could this be my Marky just floating by
                            Checking on his old dad from the sky?
                       The warmth of the sun is taking you away.
                               Oh how I wish you could stay.
                      I miss you every day, but what can I do?
                  Look to the sky for the next time you are in the blue.
                                            Good to see you.



No comments: